Thursday, January 3, 2013

Masses Man: Woman


Masses Man by Ernst Toller 
Woman: 
I see your eyes... spare me the pity in your eyes! 
I am not neurotic, not even sentimental. 
And because I'm not, I belong to them. 
Tomorrow I shall speak to them. 
Tomorrow, from off the State you swore allegiance to, 
I shall tear the mask which hides the murderer's grimace. 
Your State makes war, your State betrays the people! 
Your State exploits, oppresses, robs the people of their rights. 
How much you hurt with every single word... 
Have you seen the naked body of the State? 
Have you seen the worms that gnaw upon its flesh? 
Have you seen the Stock Exchanges getting fat on human corpses? 
You have not seen... 
I know you swore allegiance to the State, do your duty and your conscience is clear. 
This is my decision, this is my last word.

No comments:

Post a Comment