Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello, World!

Hello there, everyone! If you're seeing this then, chances are, you're looking for a monologue or two. Or maybe you're one of my friends who decided to come look up my blog because I asked you to, and you love me so you actually did. As part of my new year's resolutions, I decided to start a blog devoted to the collection of monologues, but not just any old monologues, but monologues from plays. A lot of monologue sites out there will give you monologues that are completely unattached from any sort of work, they're just floating around with no real connection to anything. I don't know about you, but I think those monologues are really, really unhelpful. Back in high school, we always had to have monologues from plays so we could analyze and understand the character we were playing more fully, and that sort of thought process has been helpful for me as I auditioned for things outside of high school as well. For the next year (or however long I'm going to do this thing) I'll be reading plays and posting monologues from them once or twice a week. I'm especially looking out for female monologues, since I can use them, and a lot of the female monologues out there on the internet aren't that good. I don't like them, at least; I'm pretty picky with my monologues. I may even throw in a few monologues from movies, video games, musicals, and novels if I find any that I like.

If you have a favorite monologue, please post about it in the comments section or email it to me, and I'll put it up.
If you have a favorite playwright/script/character/something that you'd like me to read up on in order to find a monologue, post about it in the comments or email me.
I'm open to suggestions (as you can see), so don't hesitate to say anything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment