Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Philadelphia Story:Dinah Lord


The Philadelphia Story
Dinah Lord:
Tray, I hate you to get married and go away. You know, I did have the funniest dream about you last night. It was all certainly pretty rooty-tooty. My dream. I dreamed I got up and went over to the window. Guess what I dreamed I saw coming over out of the woods. It was Mr. Conner. Yes, with his arms full of something, and guess what it turned out to be. You, and some clothes. Wasn't it funny? It was sort of like as if you were coming from the pool. After a while, I opened my door... And there he was in the hall, still coming along with you... Puffing like a steam engine. His wind can't be very good. You were sort of crooning. I'm only saying what it sounded like. And then he-- Guess what. He sailed right into your room with you, and that scared me... So I got up and went to your door... And peeked in to make sure you were all right. And guess what. You were. He was gone by then. Of course he was gone. I know, Tracy. I'm certainly glad I do. Because if I didn't, and in a little while I heard the minister say... "If anyone knows any just cause or reason why these two should not be united in holy matrimony--" I just wouldn't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment